It's time for our twice a month Disney Updates.
The holiday season go high tech with the new drone show at Disney Springs. We also have updates on Pandora at Animal Kingdom, Star Wars land at Hollywood Studios, and the latest updates to the Magic Band. Epcot will launch a new Festival of Arts in January and February. You can join Tiana on the Riverboat for a special parade viewing experience. In resort news, new amenities are coming to Wilderness Lodge. I'm excited about the new Sassagoula Floatworks at Port Orleans since that's my favorite moderate resort. And, if you are planning a trip to Disney World between February 25th - March 29th, you may want to include an Atlanta Braves Spring Training Game.
I'd love to help you plan a Disney World vacation to take advantage of all these great new offerings. Remember - my vacation planning services are free when you book through me. Email me or set up a time to chat.
Click READ MORE for the full details.
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Sunday, November 27, 2016
Kaua’I is nicknamed the “Garden Isle” because it’s the most lush, naturally beautiful of the Hawai’i islands. Kaua’i is the oldest island. It was formed from hot lava that cooled as it hit the ocean water and piled up over 20,000 feet from the bottom of the ocean.
Kaua’i’s Top 5 Must Sees are:
|Napali Coast - Photo courtesy of Go Hawaii|
1. Napali Coast – This 13 mile coast line on the northwestern shore is accessible by foot, boat or helicopter. Hiking the coast is dangerous, difficult and requires a permit. Many visitors enjoy a sunset cruise along the coast. If a helicopter ride is on your bucket list, this is the most satisfying area to explore via helicopter.
|Waimea Canyon - Photo courtesy of Go Hawaii|
2. Waimea Canyon – Often called the Grand Canyon of Hawaii – this is a breath taking spot to take in the views or enjoy various levels of hikes.
|Wailua River - Photo courtesy of Go Hawaii|
3. Wailua River is the only navigable river in Hawai’i. This makes it a great choice for independent exploration via kayaks or paddle boards.
|Kalalua Look Out, Kokee State Park Photo Courtesy of Go Hawaii|
|Mountain Tubing Photo Courtesy of Go Hawaii|
5. Mountain Tubing is a unique, off the beaten path activity. Extensive canals were built to supply water to the sugar cane fields. Some of the canals go straight through mountains. Tour operators now offer the chance to ride the canals in inner tubes.
One note on Kaua’i – There is virtually no nightlife so if hanging out past 9:00 pm is important to you, we can add on some time in Waikiki.
Friday, November 18, 2016
Great News - The Black Friday deals have been released are ready for booking TODAY. This is just a sample of the great savings available. Email me to find a great option for your family.
Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos (3.5*) – All Inclusive (Pricing includes round trip, nonstop air from US to Los Cabos, all inclusive, beach front resort. Pricing does not include transfers to and from the hotel.)
· $599 per person for 3 nights from Chicago O’Hare for select January dates
· $799 per person for 5 nights from Chicago O’Hare for select January dates
· $999 per person for 7 nights from Chicago O’Hare for select January dates
Marival Resort (4.5*) - All Inclusive (Pricing includes round trip, nonstop air from US to Puerto Vallarta, all inclusive, beach front resort. Pricing does not include transfers to and from the hotel.)
· $649 per person for 3 nights from Chicago O‘Hare & Denver for select January departures and select dates in February from Los Angeles
· $699 per person for 3 nights from Milwaukee for select January departures
· $799 per person for 4 nights from Denver for select January departures and Los Angeles for select February departures
· $899 per person for 5 nights from Chicago O’Hare & Denver for select January departures
· $949 per person for 5 nights from Los Angeles for select February dates
· $1099 per person for 7 nights from Chicago O’Hare & Denver for select January departures
· $1149 per person for 7 nights from Milwaukee for select January departures
· $1199 per person for 7 nights from St. Louis & Los Angeles for select February dates
Memories Splash (4.5*) All Inclusive (Pricing includes round trip, nonstop air from US to Punta Cana, all inclusive and taxes. Pricing does not include transfers to and from the hotel.)
· $649 per person for 3 nights from Baltimore, Chicago Midway, Chicago O’Hare, & St. Louis for select January departures
· $799 per person for 4 nights from Baltimore and Chicago O’Hare for select January departures
· $849 per person for 4 nights from Milwaukee for select January departures
· $879 per person for 5 nights from Baltimore and Chicago Midway for select January departures
· $1,099 per person for 7 nights from Baltimore, Chicago Midway, Chicago O’Hare and St. Louis for select January departures
· $1,149 per person for 7 nights from Milwaukee for select January departures
Hotel Marina El Cid (4.5*) All Inclusive (Pricing includes round trip, nonstop air from US to Cancun, all inclusive, beach front resort and taxes. Pricing does not include transfers to and from the hotel.)
· $649 per person for 3 nights from Midway, Baltimore, and Denver for select January departures.
· $699 per person for 3 nights from St Louis & Milwaukee for select January departures.
· $799 per person for 4 nights from Midway, Baltimore, and Denver for select January departures.
· $849 per person for 4 nights from St Louis & Milwaukee for select January departures.
· $899 per person for 5 nights from Baltimore & Denver for select January departures.
· $949 per person for 5 nights from St Louis & Milwaukee for select January departures.
· $949 per person for 6 nights from Kansas City for select January departures.
· $1099 per person for 7 nights from Midway, Baltimore, and Denver for select January departures.
· $1149 per person for 7 nights from St Louis & Milwaukee for select January departures.
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach (4.5) All Inclusive (Pricing includes round trip, nonstop air from US to Jamaica, all inclusive, beach front resort and taxes. Pricing does not include transfers to and from the hotel.)
· $799 per person for 3 nights from Baltimore, Midway, Milwaukee & St. Louis for select January departures.
· $949 per person for 4 nights from Baltimore & Midway for select January departures.
· $1399 per person for 7 nights from Baltimore, Midway & Milwaukee for select January departures.
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Disney Updates: Christmas Tree Trail, Disney Wonder Updates and new Eco-Friendly Magic Band Packaging
Latest Disney news:
New Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs
A new Drone show at Disney Springs
More info on the Enhancements on the Disney Wonder
New Eco-Friendly packaging for Magic Bands
A change in how Disney World handles mail
New this year, the Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail captures the spirt of the holidays with 15 custom decorated holiday trees at the Disney Springs Marketplace, each dedicated to a popular Disney theme – including Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Disney Villains, “Moana,“ “Beauty and the Beast,“ “Cinderella,“ “Frozen,“ “The Jungle Book,“ “Tangled“ and more!
Also at the Disney Springs Marketplace, you can experience The Festival of Toys at the Once Upon a Toy Fountain. Toys have magically come alive for an interactive holiday dance party nightly on the plaza. Plus, there’s pin trading, a nightly tree lighting ceremony and more.
Hundreds of Show Drones Light Up the Skies During the Holidays at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort
It’s a first not just for Disney Parks, but in the United States: A new holiday experience at Disney Springs™ featuring 300 show drones illuminating the night sky. During “Starbright Holidays – An Intel Collaboration,” you will get a chance to watch Disney and Intel explore remarkable new technology.
Accompanied by an original Disney arrangement of classic holiday songs recorded by a full orchestra, the sparkling experience invites your Clients to look up to sky and wish upon a holiday star. This is the first time a drone show of this scale has ever been performed in the U.S.
Here’s a brief sample of what will surprise and delight your family this holiday season above the West Side of the Disney Springs waterfront:
As of November 11th, Guests who receive MagicBands at home before their resort stay will have their MagicBands fulfilled in new packaging. The new packaging is fully recyclable and printed on recycled paper, in response to Guests' request. The new packaging includes a sleeve on its left side, which is where the Walt Disney Travel Company luggage tags will now be located if you've purchased a package. The luggage tag straps can be found inside the gray MagicBand holder.
A Change in How Disney World processes mailPlease note, Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail throughout their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.
If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, you should be sure the letter or package:
- Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
- Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $5 per package handling fee may apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.
Alaska makes an appearance on a lot of people's bucket list. It's an incredible adventure to experience the wilderness, animals, and the glaciers. I recommended heading to Alaska sooner rather than later because the Glaciers are melting. I went for the first time in 2005 and I was shocked when I returned in 2015 to see how much some of the glaciers had receded.
Let’s explore Alaska!
First, the way a lot of people experience Alaska is from a cruise ship.
You have the choice of sailing one-way between Alaska and Seattle or Vancouver or round trip from Seattle or Vancouver. I call the roundtrip sailings “Alaska Lite”. This is a great way to get a taste of Alaska if you have limited time or don’t want the long flight up to Anchorage.
If you really want to see Alaska, you’ll want to spend some time on land. Booking a one way cruise creates the opportunity to add on a land tour. Princess Cruise Lines is my recommendation for an Alaska cruise if everyone coming is an adult. They have an incredible Alaska program. Naturalists come on board to help you spot animals, give the history, and point out all the amazing scenery as you cruise through the Inside Passage. Princess also brings on lecturers in each port. We heard from a man who built his own homestead and a woman who raced in the Iditarod.
If big cruise ships aren’t your jam, a small ship like those used by un-cruise could be for you. This is a fleet of small ships: 22 to 84 guests. These cruises have unique itineraries. They provide round trip itineraries completely in Alaska. You can sail round trip from Juneau or one way between Juneau to Sitka. This gives you more time to explore the islands and sounds. One cool thing about the cruise is that the bridge is open. See if this means you can go up and talk to the captain whenever you want.
For those of you who aren’t interested in a multiple day cruise, I can customize a land-based itinerary focused on your interested. You could join a motor coach bus tour or ride the rails. In 2015, we rented a car for 9 nights to explore from Denali National Park to Seward. We jokingly called it the bears, brews, and whales tours.
I would love to plan an amazing Alaska vacation for you and your family. Click here to request a time to chat.
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
In November 2016, I had the chance to tour the Crystal Serenity. I was very excited to see it since the readers of Condé Nast Traveler consistently vote Crystal Serenity the number one cruise ship in the world.
What sets Crystal apart from other cruise lines? It’s all about all-inclusive luxury.
Your cruise includes:Your cabin – No interior cabins. The entry level cabin has a large ocean view window.
Your meals – You can have your meals in Crystal Dining Room, Lido Café, Bistro, Trident Grill, or Tastes. The menu at Tastes changes depending on your itinerary. Click here for a sample menu.
Specialty Dining - You will receive the opportunity to dine in a specialty restaurant included in your cruise. The number of reservations depends on the length of the sailing.
Prego offers a changing menu of traditional favorites such as Scaloppine Di Vitello Servite Con Capelli D’angelo and Linguine Con Aragosta E Zucchini. Click here for a sample menu.
|Silk Road and Sushi Bar|
Silk Road and The Sushi Bar features the cuisine of world-renowned master chef Nobuyuki “Nobu— Matsuhisa. Nobu blends classically styled Japanese foods with distinct Peruvian and European influences. While The Sushi Bar offers an assortment of Nobu’s inventive sushi and sashimi, Silk Road presents his celebrated dishes such as Lobster with Truffle-Yuzu Sauce, Grilled Wagyu Beef Rib-Eye with Wasabi Pepper Sauce, and his signature dessert, a Bento Box filled with Chocolate Soufflé Cake with Shiso Syrup and Sesame Ice Cream. Click here for a sample menu.
Your beverages – Crystal includes all your favorite premium brand beverages including alcohol
Entertainment – The cruise staff rotate through eight different shows plus special guest performers. Your day can be filled with trivia, karaoke, classes, and lectures. If that doesn't keep you busy enough, you have lots of movies to choose from in your cabin and 1 hour of WiFi per person per day.
Crystal wants to create a truly luxury experience through special touches throughout your journey: exceptional service by the pool including cold towels, a relaxed embarkation process on board, and unusual itineraries that create once-in-a-lifetime experiences such as the Northwest Passage.
Don’t miss the Mozart Tea in Palm Court. The staff dress up in their Victorian finest for a memorable tea. The Jazz Sunday Brunch is also a special treat.
If you'd like to explore if a Crystal cruise is right for you, email me or click here to schedule a free 20 minute consultation.