Top 5 Tips for Holland America Koningsdam
1. Be sure to book a dinner at the Culinary Arts Center. Ask a lot of questions. This is a great event. You watch the chefs prepare your email. Instead of a traditional demonstration style class, the chefs cook and you can wander up and ask questions. The food was great and we loved all the interactions with the chef.
|Culinary Arts Center|
2. Add the Laundry Package – Holland America offers unlimited laundry for $7 per day. It’s worth every penny and more. We came home with clean clothes.
3. Get a set dining time – The main restaurant had some challenges handling set dining times and reservations. This is a cruise where you want a set dining time.
4. Avoid the buffet – Okay, this is more of my personal preference. The buffet here felt small and crowded. The food was very good, but I didn’t like the experience of getting it. We found some great alternatives: Dive In Burger, Dutch Café, New York Pizza and Deli. Dive In Burger and New York Pizza and Deli give you a pager so you know when your food is ready. Dutch Café gives you a number. At New York Pizza and Deli, they serve the salad right when you order.
5. Try the Sushi – The buffet has included sushi available. Tamarind has a sushi bar with a la carte pricing.
|Sushi Bar in Taramind|
A few bonus tips:
If you are a foodie, find out when the Pop Up restaurant will take over the Pinnacle Grill and book reservations. It’s amazing.
If you like bourbon or whiskey, be sure to try the Notes experience. It’s a wonderful tasting opportunity.
If you are looking for a special experience for an anniversary, the renewal of vows package is lovely.
If you have any questions or want more information, please email me or set up a time to chat.
Post a Comment