Today's Travel Thursday is all about Tips for Epcot
Quick Service Meal for Two: The Tangerine Café has a great combination plate. Seats are usually available at the tables right in front for great people watching.
Single Rider Line: Test Track has a Single Rider line right next to the regular line.
Air Conditioning (Nap) Breaks: Ellen’s Energy Adventure in Future World, Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival, and the American Adventure in the World Showcase provide dark, cool shelter. All of the main attractions like Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Innoventions, and the Living Seas have interactive exhibits after the ride to keep your family cool or dry for a little while.
Indoors: The Epcot Character Spot is just to the right of the fountain. You wait in the comfort of air conditioning for some of the traditional characters – Donald, Minnie, etc. Other characters also rotate through. Currently Sadness, Joy, and Baymax are currently appearing. Anna and Elsa offer a character meet and greet at the Royal Summerhaus in Norway. Innoventions hosts the Character Meet and Greet for Disney Visa holders.
Outdoors: Other characters are sprinkled throughout the World Showcase. Be sure to check the Park schedule for the meet and greet times. I recommend arriving at least 10 minutes before the posted time as we've arrived at the posted time to be told the line is already closed. Since these meet and greets are outside, the characters will take frequent breaks.
Be Sure to Check Out:
- The World of Coca-Cola has free samples of beverages from other countries.
- In the Innoventions Pavilion, you can design your own roller coaster and then ride it.
- England hosts a British Rock cover band most afternoons. Go through the tea garden to the stage.
- Mexico’s Tequila Bar offers a nice respite with delicious margaritas and chips and salsa.
- Agent P – You get a cell phone with clues that lead you on a 30 minute adventure in one of the countries. It’s a lot of fun – even for adults.
- Soarin’ – This is my favorite ride in Walt Disney World. It was recently updated to be a voyage across the world.
What are your favorite spots in Epcot?