You can have a religious, non-religious or civil ceremony. For instance, Sandals Montego Bay has a chapel you can rent for only $200 to have a more traditional ceremony.
The other considerations are the legal requirements to get married. Most Caribbean islands have residency requirements, state mandated fees and documentation requirements you must meet prior to your ceremony. Some countries even require a blood test.
Wedding Documentation Requirements – These can vary, but in general, you should be prepared to provide these documents at least 60 days in advance.
- Must be received 60 days in advance
- Original state issued birth certificates
- All pages of all court certified final divorce decrees if applicable
- State issued death certificates with related marriage certificates
Residency Requirements – You must be in the country for a specific period of time before your ceremony.
- Jamaica: 48 hours including weekends and holidays
- Bahamas: 48 hours not including weekends and holidays.
- Antigua: 48 hours must include 1 business day, does not include holidays, No Sunday weddings
- St Lucia: 72 hours and does not include weekends or holidays. No Sunday weddings Sandals offers an Express Wedding Option for $150
- Turks and Caicos: 48 hours, not including day of arrival, weekend or holiday
- Grenada – 72 hours prior to apply for license then another 3 days to get the license Sandals offers an Express Wedding Option for $190
- Barbados – 48 hours not including weekends and public holidays
As a travel agent, I can help you navigate these legal requirements to make sure your destination wedding is amazing…..and legally binding. Email me at email@example.com to start planning!
Post a Comment