Puerto Vallarta is located on Mexico’s Pacific Coast. The area is known for its beaches, water sports and nightlife. It’s a great destination for certified divers with several stunning dive sites to explore. Here are some wonderful excursion options to consider.
1. Las Caletas - Explore good drop offs, nice shallows, under water coves and fine beaches on this two tank dive at Las Caletas. See tropical fish, turtles, manta rays, and other marine life. This experience is offered Monday - Saturday.
2. La Marietas - One of the most popular areas in Western Mexico, the area was made famous by Jacques Cousteau. This two tank dive lasts 7.5 hours and is available daily.
3. Anegados - On the outer limits of Banderas Bay lies a sheltered rock bank halfway between El Morro and the Marietas Islands. The bank starts 30 ft below the ocean’s surface and is full of caves and interesting rock formations to explore. This tour is 5.5 hours long and is offered daily.
4. El Morro - A series of rock pinnacles that extends above the surface of the ocean is known as El Morro. The area is west of the Marietas Islands and gives experienced divers the chance to practice more technical diving. This diving experience lasts 5.5 hours and is offered only on Thursday mornings.
5. Los Arcos - One of the Mexico’s most popular marine reserves, Los Arcos is a cluster of granite islands that perch out of the water in southern Banderas Bay. The sea is shallow with an impressive drop off. This 4.5 hour tour is offered every day except Sunday and Wednesday.
Post a Comment