We had a wonderful relaxing celebration for our 25th and will gladly recommend ‘Trips with Angie’. You and Katy did a wonderful job from booking to follow up. We hope for a similar opportunity in the future. Tom & Alisha
- Our Experience -
CanadaTransfers.com was excellent. We loved both drivers, Luis and Carlos Martinez, who were professional and pleasant; we would use them again. Thanks again for providing transportation to and from hotel!
TRS Coral Pros:
Staff: very attentive and friendly, all spoke English
Beach: Easy access with plenty of chairs and umbrellas; Bali beds are also available to rent as well in pool area. Great for long walks; there are no resort buildings to the immediate north of the Palladium section; those to the south blended in well with the beach.
Food: I read a few reviews whom complained about the quality of the food but found it very good to great. Portions were smaller but this is not a complaint. This made it possible for us to restaurant-hop to multiple eateries in a single evening, enjoying a larger variety of choices.
TRS Pool: Has a daily barbeque set up so you didn’t have to leave for lunch. Offered lots of meat choices such as chorizo sausage, shredded chicken, hamburgers and various side dishes for taco and chip selections.
Activities: There were daily events sponsored by the TRS hotel POP team (Jessica & Cloe specifically) with yoga on the beach, water aerobics, dance lessons, etc. along with evening activities, such as Casino night, making it easy to mingle with other guests
Swim-up Bar: never over crowded; plenty of servers for pool and beach area, refilling your beverage need. Beach a little slower but who’s in a hurry.
Our final evening was topped off by our butler Juan Jose who filled the room with rose petals, balloons and a bottle of champagne on ice.
* Hotel check-in combined with the timeshare sales pitch. We were aware of this ahead of time but we were exhausted from our long days travel. Once checked in, we were shuffled quickly to a side meeting, offered drinks then provided with what we thought was a simple overview of the hotel for our benefit, but unfolded as a cleverly disguised timeshare pitch as a special breakfast celebration for their 1 year anniversary, with hotel owners staying at resort. When they wanted us to sign committing to attending breakfast, we said no thank you. Those not familiar with the process would be overwhelmed and commit with out thought.
* The included (ie: free) wine options are very limited; better quality was available for a price
* Beer choices are Heineken or Dos Equis; I'm not a beer snob
* Too many strollers/children on Palladium side, especially at night when heading for dinner which was only time we ventured over to other side.
* Xtra Time Sports bar was not quite what I expected. I stopped in at 11:30pm one evening to find a large number of TVs with various sporting events. However, it was also filled with a large group of 10yr olds playing with the billards
Total Snorkel was awesome and we’d recommend!