Here's a tour of most of the areas:
Overall, I thought the cruise was great. Some of the highlights:
- Pig and Anchor - I love the new BBQ concept and the brewery. The cocktail menu was interesting. The beers were great. The food was very good. The P&A offers an included lunch on sea days and an a la carte menu for dinner each night. The dragon fries with beef brisket were delicious. I like that they have a guitar player there each night, but it's a little awkward to listen. If you want to be able to see him, you have to sit at one of the tables for dining. I wish they would add speakers outside so you could relax and listen.
- Vintage Pop show - This is one of the best show I've seen. I thought they couldn't top Flick on Vista and they did. I was smiling from ear to ear the whole time.
- The live entertainment - One of the reasons we cruise Carnival is all the night time fun. This ship delivered. All the live musicians were terrific.
- The food was good. I crave Guy's Burgers and the huevos rancheros from Blue Iguana.
- For a large ship, getting on and off went very smoothly.
- The Lido deck got very crowded so I was glad we had upgraded to Havana to have access to the private pool during the day. I was happy to see they were checking everyone to make sure they were Havana guests.
Ready to book a Carnival Horizon cruise? Request a quote.