The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival kicks off March 2nd and runs through May 30th. The Festival features seminars, special displays around the Park, and a concert series.
The Garden Rock Concert Series offers free concerts at the American Garden Theater inside Epcot. Here's the lineup:
• March 6-8: Gin Blossoms “Hey Jealousy”
• March 13-15: Pablo Cruise “Love Will Find a Way”
• March 20-22: En Vogue “Free Your Mind”
• March 27-29: STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
• April 3-5: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
• April 10-12: Village People “Y.M.C.A.”
• April 17-19: Jon Secada “Just Another Day”
• April 24-26: The Guess Who “These Eyes”
• May 1-3: Taylor Dayne “Tell It to My Heart”
• May 8-10: Little River Band “Reminiscing”
• May 15-17: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry the VIII, I Am”
Love Baseball? The Atlanta Braves Spring Training games start March 1st at ESPN Wide World of Sports
April 14th - 17th is the Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon. If you need a bib, email me. I may be able to help.
- Jungle Skipper Canteen is a new table service restaurant at Magic Kingdom® Park.
- Tiffins is a new signature table service restaurant rumored to open this spring at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
- The wonderful California Grill is now serving brunch.
Rumor has it that the new Frozen attraction in Epcot may open in the end of April. The new Rivers of Light show at Animal Kingdom is also scheduled to debut in Spring of 2016. Animal Kingdom will also extend hours so you can experience the Kilimanjaro Safaris at sunset.
Kylo Ren will begin appearing at Star Wars Launch Bay in Hollywood Studios. In addition to Kylo Ren, you may also come across a garrison of First Order Stormtroopers or the heroic Wookiee, Chewbacca, holed up in a secret Resistance base. Stay for the “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show in the evening.
Beginning Feb. 7, 2016, a new interactive experience, based on the hit Disney Channel movie “The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar,” will debut at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park at Walt Disney World® Resort. This experience will be available through end of March. The Lion Guard Adventure allows young Guests to become honorary members of the Lion Guard as they explore the park in search of five main characters from the popular TV movie – Kion, Bunga, Fuli, Beshte, and Ono.
Theme Park Closures:
Magic Kingdom: Jungle Cruise closed March 1st - 3rd
Epcot: Soarin’ is closed through the summer
Hollywood Studios: Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and nearby locations around Streets of America will be closing on April 2, 2016. Pizza Planet is closed through the end of 2016
Animal Kingdom: Flights of Wonder and the Boneyard are closed through March 17th
Typhoon Lagoon: Closed through March 12th 2016.
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Bay Cove Pool is closed February 1st - March 18, 2016.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Schoolyard Sprayground is closed until March 11, 2016.
- Flying Fish Restaurant is closed through September 30, 2016.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas are undergoing renovations through Spring 2016.
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is undergoing general construction and the East Pool is closed through Spring 2016.
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Villas is undergoing multiple projects. Certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. The Hidden Springs leisure pool area (the leisure pool at The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge), resort beach, playground, Marina and Recreation fire pit will be unavailable.
If you'd like to learn more about how to Escape the Crowds at Disney World, click here to request my free guide.
If you are ready to book a Disney vacation, click here to schedule a free 20 minute consultation.