Skipper's Canteen in Magic Kingdom - Located steps from the legendary Jungle Cruise attraction, this new 222-seat table-service restaurant is staffed by the wisecracking crew of the Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Diners are seated in one of three dining destinations inside the company’s headquarters-turned-
Club Disney at Hollywood Studios - This new area offers a place to escape the rain or the sun and charge you devices. During the day, it's a dance party for kids.
Club Disney expands to Club Villain on January 16th. Club Villain is special ticket event with dinner, cocktails, and meet and greets with some of Disney's favorite villains. Tickets to Club Villain can be purchased for $99 per person, tax and gratuity included. Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 90 days in advance. For villains fans, this is a great change so they don't have to wait for the Not So Scary Halloween party each year to interact with the villains.
New Star Wars Experiences at Hollywood Studios
“Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” Fireworks
Star Wars Launch Bay featuring a character meet and greet experience with the Darkside or the Rebel Base
A Reimagined Jedi Academy - Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Splash Mountain closed Jan. 10 - 14, 2016
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin closed Jan. 18 - Feb. 11, 2016
- Liberty Square Riverboat closed Jan. 18 - Jan. 22, 2016
- Mad Tea Party closed Feb. 22 - 26, 2016
- Soarin - Jan 4, 2016 - Summer 2016 as Disney installs the new movie
- Maharajah Jungle Trek closed Jan. 4 - 21, 2016
- Kali River Rapids closed Jan. 4 - Feb. 11, 2016
Typhoon Lagoon is closed for yearly maintenance.
Flying Fish restaurant is closed Feb 1 - Sep 30, 2016
Cub's Den Children's Activity Center at Wilderness Lodge will be closed from Jan 3, 2016 - 2017
Construction and yearly maintenance will close pools at the following resorts:
- Bay Lake Tower - Bay Cove Pool is closed Feb 1 - March 18, 2016
- All Star Sports - Surfboard Bay Pool is closed Jan 25 - 28, 2016
- Boardwalk Inn - Luna Park Pool is closed Jan 11 - Feb 2, 2016
- Caribbean Beach - All pools will be closed on a rotating basis for 3 - 4 days each between January 6th thru February 5th.
- Grand Floridian - Courtyard Pool Jan 16 - 19, 2016
- Old Key West - Sandcastle Pool Jan 4 - 6, 2016
- Port Orleans Riverside - Ol' Man Island Pool Jan 11 - Feb 29, 2016
- Saratoga Springs - Grandstand Pool Jan 20 - 22, 2016
This list does not include all the construction happening at Disney World - just the highlights.
The average highs are in the low 70s and the average lows are in the low 50s.
January and February offer some of the best values for visiting Disney World. Ready to Plan a Trip?
Let me help! My vacation planning services are free if you book your package through me. Disney has some limited promotions available for Early 2016 if you book by December 23rd. Email me to starting planning today.
If you aren't quite ready to start planning, click here to request a free copy of my guide to Escaping the Crowd.
Feel free to ask any questions in the comments below or you can find me on Facebook.